Ever since its inception, IoT has continued to gain more relevance in our world today due to the benefits that these technologies offer. IoT’s main objective is to transform analog ideas, represent them in a digital form, and store digital data in data storage centers.
Understanding How IoT Works
The process of digital representation involves the use of sensors to capture digital events, objects and finally transforming them into the digital equivalent. IoT technology is applicable in lots of settings, including industry and enterprise settings. The knowledge of this paves the way for further job opportunities. An IoT certification could boost your chances of securing a dream job or advancing your career pursuits. The process involved in IoT technologies is not an easy one. There are variations in protocols, hardware, and software support for different gateways and sensors. Different industries might also follow different pathways with IoT technology. Despite these variations, the good news is, there are basic technologies, standards that are common to all industries, such as Bluetooth, LoRaWan that can easily furnish IoT projects.
The Scope of DevIOT Certification Examination
The first step that would give you a break into IoT is to pass the certification exams. The certification exam focuses on applying the collection of sensors, infrastructure, and cloud in different settings. It is to be noted that the exam seeks to ascertain the knowledge of software-based topics. Hence it’s vital to have a base knowledge of the IoT. There is also a generic technological approach, and thus Cisco technologies should not be the only aspect expected.
Guide to Preparing for the DevIoT Certification Examination
The trick to excelling in a certification exam lies in the depth of study and preparation. Here is an outline of what you need to know about preparing for the IoT certification.
• Have a good grasp of the basics: Knowing how the programming language works in synergy with the RMT is required; it is thus important to have sound knowledge about Python and many other programming languages. It is also vital to have a good grasp of the REST API, IT/OT convergence, industrial network, and CPwE architecture.
• Edge application: It is necessary to have the ability to develop and deploy authentic Edge applications. You can consider commencing with the Cisco IOx Edge Computer framework & Docker.
• Protocols and sensors: Study the different protocols of IoT while emphasizing data exchange. There are several resources available on the internet to provide you with this.
• IoT Security: Have a firm understanding of IoT security details and how to utilize them. Put also in mind the pros and cons of common security tools.
• Knowledge of various Cisco and Open-Source Software: Study about Cisco edge intelligence, Cisco IoT control center. Learn about databases, data storage locations, and how to visualize IoT sensor data.
The best method to learn and perfect your skill is by trying more sample IoT projects using resources available online. Laying your hands on past or compiled sample questions can also prove very helpful. Good luck with your exams.